Policies at Lincoln Library
Audio or Visual Recording | Circulation | Internet | Interlibrary Loan | Meeting Rooms | Study Rooms
Study Room Policies
- Reservations are not accepted for Study Rooms.
- Requests for Study Rooms will be accepted for groups of 1-4 people.
- Only adults and teens (16 and up) can request rooms. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person and not left in the room alone.
- Rooms are not to be used for "for profit purposes" but can be used for purposes such as studying and literacy tutoring.
- Patrons can request a Study Room by visiting the Reference Desk and showing a valid photo id or library card.
- Requests will be made on a first come, first serve basis. They will be assigned an available room.
- Library staff will open the room.
- Patrons will have a one hour limit if other patrons are waiting. A maximum of two hours are allowed per patron or group per day, even if request is in a different name. Patrons can continue to use the room for the maximum time allowed if no other patrons are waiting.
- No food is allowed in the Study Rooms. Drinks are allowed if they have lids or caps.
- These rooms are not meant for storing personal items.
- Items left unattended in Study Rooms are the responsibility of patrons.
- Patrons are responsible for leaving the Study Room in the same condition as they entered.
- Furniture cannot be removed from the room. Furniture cannot be brought in from other places in the library.
- Rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes.
- No sleeping will be allowed in the Study Rooms.